Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sensory Sunday Funday: The Refreshing Rainbow Spaghetti Dig

I have started doing sensory activites with my son, who is now 1 year old. This one was hugely sucessful! He LOVED it! We played for over an hour and he was really into it.

For this, all I did was cook 3 pounds of spaghetti (3 boxes)... let it cool, and then divide it into ziplock bags. Once I had the pasta in the bags I added a few drops of food coloring to each bag. I shook the bags until the color was mixed in well.

After they were mixed, I placed them on cookie sheets and let them sit for about 30 mins,to let the dye dry and absorb into the pasta. This way it doesn't stain baby's hands!

Then I put the spaghetti back in the bags and into the fridge. We were playing outside and I wanted the spaghetti to be nice and cold for him to play with.
Once the spaghetti was cold, I put it in a shallow plastic drawer/container. I wanted him to be able to sit and play.

 I hid a few of his favorite small toys in the spaghetti and gave him differnt spoons and kitchens tools to play and dig in the spaghetti.

When he was done playing, I bagged the spaghetti and put it the fridge. We will get at least one more playtime with it!


This was such a wonderful activity for him, I am so glad I did it!

xo Lizzie






2 comments:

  1. Love it! One of the most fun things I did with the kids when they were young was food coloring in vanilla yogurt - so much fun to paint their tray table with. 100% edible and 100% fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a fun idea! Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete