Sunday, January 15, 2012

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

For the past few months I have been asked over and over who I am having in my bridal party. I  felt rather hesitant to answer. I wanted to ask them before putting them on the spot telling by everyone before they even had a chance to give an honest answer. Not everyone wants to be a bridesmaid... gasp!... there's the cookie cutter dresses, the time commitment, being front and center and it's awfully expensive these days to be a bridesmaid!

So I asked first... and they said yes! So I can share how I asked with you now!

I wanted a more creative and special way of asking my friends to be in my wedding (since I only get to do this once!). I thought sending them each a dress hanger with their name from my doo-dah! shop my be a nice way to do it. I also handmade dress cards,the inside of each card read, "Will you be my bridesmaid?".

Making the cards was a blast! I had so much fun designing a different dress for the front of each of the cards and playing with ribbon, satin, lace and buttons!







Inside of each card I wrote a personalized message telling them why I hoped they would would be in my wedding.

My bridal party; Frannie, Laura, Jenn, Leah, Allison, & Ester!


I used the Martha Stewart Deep Edge Floral Vine Punch to create a lacy edge for the insert of the card.


So excited to share this exciting time with these ladies! And I promise... NO UGLY DRESSES! xo Lizzie ;)


ps... Looking for a fun way to ask the groomsmen? Check out what we did for them, here!

And to see what we did for our adorable flower girl click here!




1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. I am glad you had a great time making them and that your ladies said yes! Very cute! I will certainly consider this idea (well one similiar I am not that paper crafty) when I ask!

    ReplyDelete